- Make a load of spikey lines with the squiggle tool to the left (make sure the two lines join by double clicking)
2. Make load of them then bend the lines with the tool shown below, make sure they all join at the bottom
3. Drag bounding box around them all then Path->Union
4. Now select Path->Path Effects and click on the + of the box that opens. Select Bend then click Add
..and click here
5. Now jiggle the bend line around a bit, perhaps add another node if necessary. Copy and past the grass, and put it to the side, jiggle it a bit…
… then do Path->Union again.
6. Highlight it all and set fill colour